State of Alaska > DOLWD > Vocational Rehabilitation
How Do I Pick a Career?
Not sure what career to go after? DVR and Alaska Job Center staff can help you make a choice.
We have many tools and staff to help you …
- Choose a job and career that you enjoy and can do
- Discover your job interests, talents, and skills
- Find out what job fields have the most openings
- Learn skills to help you apply for, interview for, and keep a job
- Find out about schools and training programs
In many locations, DVR and other agencies offer free workshops to help you make a career decision. You can use the free services at Job Centers around the state. They have:
- Job counselors
- Job listings
- Computers you can use to apply for jobs
- Assistance to type a resume or a cover letter
Talk to your DVR counselor about what is available where you live.
DVR has this information pack on tape, in large print, and in Braille. Ask your local DVR office.